NTT Urban Development Corporation (hereinafter, the “Company”) takes a company-wide approach to compliance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other legislation, based on the following policy:
Obtaining Personal Information
The Company obtains personal information based on the following conditions:
- It obtains personal information only to the extent required for its purpose.
- It uses legal and fair methods.
- It clearly states the intended use.
The Use of Personal Information
Personal Information about our customers obtained by the Company, when used, is used only to the extent intended.
When personal information is entrusted to another party to achieve its purpose, a party including The NTT Urban Development Group that satisfies appropriate standards must be chosen and appropriate measures taken.
As exceptions, however, personal information may be disclosed or provided without the consent of the customer in the following cases:
- (1)The provision of personal data is based on laws and regulations
- (2)The provision of personal data is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- (3)The provision of personal data is particularly necessary for matters of public health or the protection of children’s interest and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- (4)The provision of personal data is necessary for cooperating with the national or local government, or with an individual or business operator duly entrusted to execute matters prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person are likely to impede the execution of the affairs
Appropriate Management of Personal Information
The Company endeavors to keep personal information of customers correct, takes appropriate security and other measures to ensure that personal information is protected, and provides preventive and corrective measures against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leaks, etc.
The Company complies with legislation related to the protection of personal information and other regulations.
The Company continuously reviews and improves its management structure through internal audits and other means, to maintain an appropriate personal information management system.
※Reference: NTT Group Information Security Policy http://www.ntt.co.jp/privacy_e/index.html
Personal Information Retained by the Company
1. Intended Use of Retained Personal Information
The customer’s personal information will be used for the following purposes:
- (1)Applicable Businesses
Office building, residential, commercial and other related businesses
- (2)Purpose of Use
In relevance with businesses of the above mentioned item (1)
- For sales activities such as sending mails, brochures, etc., and solicitation by visiting, telephone and e-mail
- For execution of contracts, and provision of information and services regarding real estate transactions
- For various operations such as providing information on services or products regarding post-sales services
- For surveys such as for customer satisfaction
- For survey and analysis of customer trends and product development as statistical information
- For responding to accidents and disasters, etc. (including contacts in case of emergencies) and use for safety management
2. Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
For inquiries and opinions about personal information, please contact the following:
IT Planning・Information Security Section, IT Innovation Department
Address: Akihabara UDX, 14-1 Sotokanda 4-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN 101-0021
3. Requests for Disclosure of Personal Information
The Company will promptly comply with requests made by a customer to disclose their own personal information retained by the Company. If there are errors in the personal data that were provided to the Company and retained, and the customer requests that the data either be corrected or deleted, the Company will investigate. If the Company judges that there are reasonable grounds, it will promptly correct or delete the data. In either case, please contact the Company at the address given above.
For customer inquiries about their own personal information, the Company will first carry out the prescribed procedures to verify the individual, and will then request the customer to follow the set application procedures. There are some cases that will involve the payment of handling charges. Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.